Monday, November 10, 2008

Harvest Moon


I was thinking of making this a monthly thing. HAHAHA seems that I don’t update it like I should. Two things at play that have kept me from updating the blog, time and not much interesting going on in our neck of the woods. House projects have come to a slow crawl. We did manage to get the front lawn in and planted a maple tree. Much of last month was spent with one of the household members was sick. Everyone is back on the mend and hopefully we have seen the worst of it. October was the beginning of hunting season and I have been spending time in the swamps and woods. Amy and Brooks got out one day with me for a duck hunt. Brooks, as you can see from the pictures, just loved it. I let him do some calling and he even got to see Mommy take a few birds. He thought it was pretty cool watching Neka bring back the birds. I have a feeling that next summer Neka will be spending a lot of time fetching balls for Brooks. The rest of this month I will be spending chasing down a bull elk. I have never taken a bull so I am pretty excited about this hunt. My only concern is how I will get it out of the woods. Grandma and Cousin Will are coming for Thanksgiving and so it will be nice to have some company for the Holidays. I am assuming that the great Xmas tree hunt will take place this year. I can only wonder how big of a tree we will be wrestling into the house this year. Well till next time all take care and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
As Thanksgiving tradition in central NY I have added Arlo Guthrie's song Alice's Restaurant Massacre to the list. It's a long song coming in at 18 mins but if you havent listen to it before please do.





No comments: